Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Did you know mice can cook? Well, I’m no ordinary mouse! I’m Colby from Grandpa’s Cheesebarn and I have learned SO much over the years from Grandpa and I’m ready to share! Keeping checking back because as I cook up some fun in the kitchen, I’ll be sharing my creations here using some of our BEST Grandpa’s products!
Today I’m going to share a casserole version of Chicken Cordon Bleu. It has yummy layers of chicken, ham, sauce and Panko crumbs....oh and don’t forget CHEESE! I know it's sure to become a favorite.
- 4 cups chicken cooked and cubed
- 1/2 lb Grandpa’s honey ham or Ham off the Bone, thinly sliced & chopped
- 1/4 lbs Grandpa’s baby swiss cheese thin sliced
For the Sauce
- 8 tbsp butter
- 6 tbsp flour
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 2 1/2 tsps of Grandpa’s Garlic Garlic no salt seasoning
- Spread cubed chicken on the bottom of a buttered 9x13" baking dish. Sprinkle chopped ham over the top of the chicken. Layer Swiss cheese on top of the ham.
In a large sauce pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, stir in the flour to form a smooth roux. Once smooth and bubbly, slowly pour in milk while whisking. Stir until sauce thickens. Add lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, smoked paprika and white pepper to the sauce. Bring to a boil and turn off heat. Pour evenly over the casserole.
Melt butter in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir in the Panko bread crumbs and garlic garlic seasoning. Sprinkle over the top of your casserole.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.