Crockpot Cheesy Potato Soup
What better way to warm up on a cold rainy day than with a bowl of Grandpa’s Cheesy Potato Soup? The Ohio Cheddar could easily be swapped out for any combination of Grandpa’s premi-yum cheeses for a new twist on an old favorite!
- 3 lbs. peeled, russet potatoes cut in 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cups chicken broth
- 1 cup cold milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 pound Grandpa’s Ohio Cheddar Cheese, cut into chunks
- Grandpa’s Home smoked Bacon, fried and crumbled, optional
- Add the potatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and the chicken broth to a 4 quart or larger crockpot stir and cook on high for about 3 ½ hours on high OR 6-8 hours on low, until potatoes are completely cooked.
- At the end of the cooking time in, whisk the 3 tablespoons of flour into the 1 cup of cold milk until smooth. Stir the flour mixture into the potatoes, add the ½ cup heavy cream, stir then cook for another 30 minutes. Add the chunks of cheese and allow to melt. Garnish with bacon